Saturday, August 11, 2007

Why Now . . .

So there's this guy. . . Mr. Unpredictable quite honestly. Been a friend (for real just that) for over a year now. He's hinted at wanting something more but never expressed it full out. Strangely enuf when I was in the process of moving from STL there were a number of people who assumed that once I was gone it would all come out and he'd be on a different mission. And truth be told. . .right now he kinda is. None of them know that. . . can't make it look like they were right. Not like hard core oooh I miss you wanna be with you etc etc etc. But the approach has been different, the comments more direct, the babies more frequent yada yada yada. . . And the approach isn't the typical I'm trying to see if I still have the same effect kind of thing. More subtle b/c I am very negative and I'm quick to say . .. uh huh sure. . whatever. . . okay yeah all that!
My question is where is all this coming from? Why now that I live 13 hrs away? Why not then when I was only 15 minutes away? Should I be bitter that he waited all this time? Do I put him through a number of tests to see where you're coming from? Are you for real? Who knows. . . I tell ya I just don't understand.

5 comments:

jendayi said...

I don't know. It depends on your energy level. The way I'm feeling right now, I would tell you to ignore him and go on with your life, but if you want to see what he's talking about, get your questions answered. But really think about whether or not he's even worth it first. Is he really the type of man you could see yourself with or is he just something "to do" right now?

Vickilyn said...

Girl I feel you. I'm wanting someone to be 'bout it' and know what he's looking for from the jump. It's like I always say. . .they always try to come back. It's too much sometimes!

jendayi said...

lol. they ALWAYS try to come back!!! Oh my goodness. Ain't that the troof!!

Jenn Will said...

Girl, tell him he missed the train...and what a ride he missed!! you know in the sense that you are a Godly woman, with numerous beautiful qualities and therefore you and he could have gone on a spirtual, loving ride together...sheesh get your mind out of the gutter. :)
He missed it, its too late now, ask him where all that was when you were local and could actually witness what he was up to instead of being so far away that all you can do is guess!

Vickilyn said...

Uh huh that's exactly the "ride" I had in mind!!!!