Thursday, August 30, 2007

28. . . WHEW!

So tomorrow's the BIG DAY! 28. . .whew Lord. I thank you that I'm so fabulous at that age! Erry'body can't say that.

So today at work, the technicians and a few pharmacists got together and sang Happy Birthday to me. . .Why is that weird? Umm I've only been there a little over 90 days, they don't do that for anyone else. . .But hey can I help it if I"m a genuinely nice person who talks to EVERYBODY! I don't have a clique. I'm not really into all that drama. I'm here to work, not find an enemy. What good would that do at the place where I spend most of my time.

The same things happened at my last job. When all the techs and pharmacists got together to give me a party. It's kinda an unspoken rule that techs are cool with techs and pharmacists only deal with pharmacists. But why is that. We all work in the same cramped space. We're all working together to get the job done, meds to the patient, the nurse off my phone or pager, and the doctor out of my ear. It's bananas.

The way I see it, is I've worked too hard to be the person and pharmacist that I am to fit into any type of mold or stereotype. I'm the same ghetto chick who will read YBF, Concreteloop, or Mediatakeout everyday, do the Soulja Boy at the drop of a dime, listen to Chrisette Michele, come to work with a Vera Bradley bag (by the way the clearance sale is tomorrow in Charlotte, wear my Tiffany necklace, get my Starbucks tall coffee with toffee nut, drive SiLexi, live Uptown Charlotte, like John Mayer (waiting on the world yall), True TarHeel born & bred, toilet paper a tree after a Duke/UNC game, give a killer presentation/interview, whatever, PharmD. . .but still str8 up from Hot Whitakers, NC. . .Don't try to put me in a mold. . . I won't fit! I'm telling you!

4 comments:

ebfareast said...

V...you are all of the things you said and more!! With the exception of GHETTO. That you are not!! Happy Birthday!!!

Vickilyn said...

Now u know I am hood!

Jenn Will said...

Um yeah and you left out boho!! Clearly you will wear a headwrap and do a piece of performance poetry quicker then someone can say "sankofa"! I love that about all my friends we aren't afraid of anything "too black" "too white" "too upity" "too poor" etc...I will get a body scrub at the W hotel, hop in my BMW head to the ghetto nail place for a $9 pedicure, grab some fried fish from the place in Compton that takes food stamps and sells strawberry soda, and then wine taste with my book club all in the same day! Ppl miss out when they limit themselves.

Vickilyn said...

Yo! A $9 pedi. . that's hot! Fish Joint that takes Food stamps. . .Priceless!