Thursday, August 23, 2007

Man

So I haven't/hadn't really found a church "home" since I've been in Charlotte. So last night I went to a bible study at this church. . .it was cool, not like the 'Ark' in STL but cool. So I'm sitting there and I get a phone call from my girl Erica in STL. Send her a txt back to say hey in church, wassup. . . she responds that our mutual good/great friend Crystal's ex-boyfriend committed suicide. WTF? Oooops am I supposed to say that in church. So of course I want to run out and get details, call Crystal, b/c I know she's a mess. But I stay thinking the entire time what could make someone do such a thing.
So as the story/news articles go. . .he drove to a gun shop right before 1pm, rented a gun, then shot himself in the head.
So in my mind, I am like what could possibly happen. Now I never met this dude, but have heard soooooooo much about him. From what I can gather, he was always very "extra" but had it truly going on. A 28 yo male with a 6-figure income, no kids, designer clothes, sexy for day, girls always at his feet. . .pretty much what we're usually looking for, right? But on a Wednesday afternoon after lunch, he decided he couldn't take it anymore, that he had lived long enuf. Come on. . .I can't put my mind to understand it. So now you leave ur family and friends wondering "what if." The news website said there was a note, but I read a book (fiction of course) where someone committed suicide and all she said was that she'd had enuf.
As a result, all day I've been reaching out to people trying to let them know and understand how I am there for them. I think it's as simple as sending an email to say hey I'm thinking about you. . or talking to my new Fitness Club. . .who knew!
I mean I know I have a great life, there have been many ups and downs, good and bad. I just always try not to take for granted what I have been blessed with and remember that it could always have been the other way!

1 comment:

jendayi said...

wow. that's pretty upsetting. but you took a very good lesson from it. you never know what someone is thinking or what they're planning to do. oprah had a show on this I believe. it's just crazy girl. crazy!