Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Weekend/Week

Not much has been going on lately. I've been hanging out with Mr. Man a bit more. That's actually going really well right now. I'll keep you posted.
I went to a bridal shower this past weekend. It was a last minute shower and I think some of the communications from the bride weren't clear enough. We all have expectations of what we "want" when it's our turn. But if you have never in your entire life communicated this information to those you love then . . .beggars can't be choosy. I mean I did the girly stuff that I'm known for and it was a big hit. . . (of course ;). . . but the things done by her mother weren't received too well and I think she was a bit frustrated.
So from this point forward I'm going to recommend to all my friends that when it comes to your wedding. . .say EXACTLY what you mean and mean EXACTLY what you say.
Went to a Ruby Tuesday for the first time in ages this past Friday. It was a last minute quick stop, we weren't really dressed in our best so we were like we can run in here w/o any problems. Man they have this dish called the Chicken Bella. . .it was great. I was really pleasantly surprised.
I also went to see Why Did I Get Married on Thursday. I mean I was really impressed. I knew I was going to like it but I had no idea that I'd like it that much. I mean I laughed, I cried (got misty), cheered, got pissed, pondered. . I mean those few hours evoked so many emotions. Kinda felt like we were a part of all the relationships. Which one of the characters would you be? Honestly I think I'm the Janet character. I mean I would say Jilly from Philly b/c of the weight thing (I still have issues that I had to be reminded weren't mine to have but I still felt like I needed to stick up for the big girl inside of me). Who would you be?

4 comments:

jendayi said...

I'm definitely the Janet character... always trying to motivate people and get us on the same page. Just think about our Nationwide Fitness Club! That didn't really go all that well but that's not the point. =)

Jenn Will said...

Sadly I think i'm like the lawyer character (but i do take issue with the fact that it seems like all blk women attnys are always portrayed the same way-daddy's lil girls, and now this). Kinda self absorbed, workaholic, having little time for those I love...:( gosh when I put it like that...i'm not THAT bad! I mean ya'll love me! wait....you do right? lol

Vickilyn said...

The Fitness Club was an excellent idea. I haven't been on Spark People as much BUT I still feel like I'm responsible for losing some weight.
LOL . . . unfortunately with the demands of a law career it comes with the territory. I had to make some decisions a while ago about my "career path" about whether I wanted a job where I ALWAYS had something to do or one where I can leave the work. . .at work. . . When you're ready to have those 10 babies things will work out well!

Jenn Will said...

So ummmmmm, can we get an update on the life and times?! :)