Saturday, September 29, 2007

'Da Weekend

So it's the weekend and there is/was a lot of things going on in Charlotte. It's times like these that I realize that I need a "roadie." You know the one who you can call and she's always down. Unfortunately for me I don't really have that here in the QC. So last night Raheem Devaughn was in town so I was crunk about going. But I didn't have ANYBODY to call and say hey do you wanna roll. And I wasn't really in the mood to do it solo. Sometimes, but not yet! What do you do in that situation? Should I have sucked it up and gone alone? So I called one of my girlfriends who's married with a baby and asked did they want to go to dinner. You know. . .let's just get out of the house on a Friday night. Her solution was for me to leave my house/couch/DVR to come over to her house, sit on her couch, and catch up on their DVR. . . ummm. . .thx for the invite, but really no thanx. That wasn't exactly what I looking for. I need just one. One who doesn't always wanna tear the club up, but can go to a chill spot, have a drink, listen to some music and just be cute! That's all I wanted to do. . .
Thursday night I tried hanging with some girls of another color. . . Hannah is cool as a cat. But her friends. .. NAW DAWG!!! So Hannah invited me to her house for drinks, dinner and Grey's Anatomy. Cool no biggie. When I showed up at the door, the look of sheer horror that one of her friends had on her face made me realized that I should have kept my booty at home. I think she was so shocked to see me, not that she was rude or anything but her comfort level was evident in her body language. Oh well, maybe one day Hannah and I can hang out sometimes but she may need to refrain from bringing a few others.
I mean I'm multicultural and can roll w/ pretty much anyone, but I need you to be the same way. Unfortunately, everyone isn't there yet.
I think I'm going to put an ad in the newspaper or on craig's list for a new friend. The one who's not into one particular thing. Likes to try new stuff, do some of the norm, roll to the fish shack for catfish, Brio for bellini's & lobster bisque, cop that new Kanye joint, sing loud to Chrisette, shake her booty like 'B, pump that new Jay. . . I think you get the point!!!!

3 comments:

Jenn Will said...

Yeah girl, with Jendi threatening to come out your way, i've been on the market myself for a new roadie (if you moved to LA you would have a permenant always down roadie already set and ready to go! holla!). The first few auditions for the role didn't go so well, too much of the "i like to get stupid drunk" types. I had another audition this weekend that went very well. I still have a couple other prospects that I need to try out, but the outlook is starting to look a bit brighter. These things take time. In the beginning you might just need to find different ppl for each activity-the club head, the poetry spot head, the "lets eat out at the new hotspot" head, the culturally enriching activity head, and the concert head, just to name a few.

jendayi said...

Jenn - uh uh.. don't be tryna steal her now that i'm moving out there!

V - I'm on my way girl. Your roadie is RIGHT HERE! All things to all events and all people. Let's get it!

Vickilyn said...

I know I keep waiting for that email/blog entry that says U're on the way!!! I can tell you like to do a lot of different stuff too. Hurry up . . . pleez!
Jenn I'm happy to see that you're actively pursuing other prospects. Show's that you're prepared for the times to come! LOL!!! It's hard though. You meet some people and you just roll your eyes like I can't believe she did that.