Sunday, February 24, 2008

Happenings. . .

When was the last time that I blogged. . .when was the last time that I wrote in my journal. Life has just been happening. And I've been caught up in it. . .blowing in and out like the wind. Can you believe it's almost spring? I'm so excited. Excited to say that though it was colder here than I'd like, it sure wasn't the Midwest winter that I dreaded so much. So many holidays. So much family time.

So I celebrated Valentine's Day for the first time in ummm. . . 3 years. . . WOW. That's a long time isn't it. The last V-day I celebrated I was dating a guy who worked 3rd shift. . .so there was actually no V-Day celebration on V-Day. So when this year rolled around and it wasn't even a question as to if we'd be together. . .that morning I woke up in a tizzy. So I had gotten a gift. . but forgot about the ding dang card, forgot to put in something red, white, or pink, forgot candy (do guys do candy). . . and that morning I was still wondering, do you "dress up" for this holiday, if you have absolutely no idea where you're going. It was str8 comedy when I sit back and think about it. . .but I made it through yall. . .WHEW!

This past weekend, the families met and merged. I mean it was so much hugging and nice to meet you going around, it was insane! They all really like each other. Who knew it would be like this? I would not even have guessed that such a thing could truly happen.

Went to a couples' dinner at Brio. And Brio is one of my all time favorite restaurants, even though it is a chain. But man I love it. In St Louis it was nothing for me and my girls to meet at Brio on a Friday night and chat it up over lobster bisque, calamari, chocolate desserts and Peach Bellinis for hours and hours. I had not been literally since the weekend that I moved away from STL. So naturally I was excited.

So Brio is in the South Park area of Charlotte. And maybe it was the tint of my skin, the thickness of my lips. . .I dunno. . .but it was the most horrible service that I had ever received. I mean this was the first time for some of the couples dining in a place like this. . .and now. . . unfortunately, I'm sure they won't go back. I mean when you see a large group of "us" why does it cause mass confusion, why is there an automatic 'tude from this little waitress. Why do they try to play you like you're dumb. . . oh no my friend, you have come up against the wrong one. So while I'm fuming, trying to ignore the subtle rude remarks. . .my cousin Kim is worse and on it. . . before I realized it chick had already talked to the manager and handled it. Pretty soon we had all 3 managers at the table, along with the 2 waiters giving me the service that I was paying for. I tell ya. . . it's was a dog on shame! And just because they were rude, I didn't even tell them that they'd left my lobster bisque off the ticket. . . Take that!!!!

3 comments:

Jenn Will said...

You tell em' girl! Let them eat the price of your Lobster Bisque-they'll think twice about messing with you next time if they have to suck up that $5 or so dollar cost! Shooooot. Well the service or lack thereof seemed like the only wrinkle in an otherwise delightful weekend. I like how you skirted over the details of the Vday celebration. But I understand you don't want your blog turning into incriminating evidence! lol

And can I just say that I miss ya'll! That week hanging out with ya'll had me adjusted to regular hilarity and now I am feenin' like Jodeci!

jendayi said...

so wait. how was ur V-day?! i starting skimming looking for the rest. why you gotta do that to a sista?!

Vickilyn said...

I'm just saying.. . I didn't remind them that I ordered the Lobster Bisque. It serves them right!!!! LOL.
And J.A.C. can we get an update on what happened when you finally made it to baby boi?