Monday, April 06, 2009

Who's that girl?

V's that girl! It's me. . .the new Mrs. V. G. . . .LOL! It's been forever and I feel like so much has happened/transpired since my last post.
I officially got my M.R.S. degree. . .the one that the vast majority of the females at UNC-Chapel Hill came to school to major in but me I had no clue. So it's a little later than some but well worth the wait!
Married life is GREAT. . .work. . .but such a blessing. I am finding daily that it's like salvation. . .it's takes a whole renewing of your mind. And it doesn't come naturally but you have to continually work at it, remember your promises, and remember the expectations/rules/guidelines/scriptures (whatever you want to call them) that come with this new profession.
In my new role, I have found myself reaching out more to those "successful" women. I mean we all know someone who's married, but let me talk to those women who've been married more than a year, more than 5 years, more than 10. . .shoot let me holla at both his grandmother's who've been married for 50+ years! Those chicks know the real deal.
It's so many things that happen "after the party" that you don't even think about.
  • What's he gonna eat for dinner - at first it was cute to cook for him but now. . .umm that might be your responsibility
  • Why is this hamper full AGAIN? Didn't I just empty it out entirely yesterday morning?
  • Lingerie. . .it's cute but dang is it reusable. . .it's adding up in the laundry! How many wears can you get out of lingerie? Is it like the jeans situtation in college when you realized that you only wore them to class and back?
  • Got a new mamma/dad. . .whew I gotta fit in calling her a bit more. . . what do I have to say today?

And the list I tell ya. . .grows!!! It's quite comical and when you talk to someone who's been there you gain an appreciation for their wisdom and experience. And when you talk to your girlfriends who's on their way. . .you can give them a laugh but not even near the preparation that they might need!

All in all I'm ecstatic though! I would have never thought all of this would transpire in under 2 years since I listened to HIM. When I sit back and think about my life and how things have changed so rapidly when I truly listened. . .moved when HE nudged me, got the job that HE showed, all by listening to the the man up above. I am so thankful, humbled and awed by how He has blessed me.

Well the pictures are up. . .but I think all my faithful followers are on facebook so they got the link. I'll post some honeymoon pics tonight (hopefully) when I can get back up here to blog!

I'll be back!

1 comment:

jendayi said...

Wohoo! I'm so glad you're back! I need to get on FB asap but my job won't let me. Boo.

It was really interesting to read the few tidbits on what you're learning in your marriage. That's something I have no clue on so please continue to share. I'd love to learn what to expect from you. Each one teach one right?!

I already said congrats on the marriage so congrats on the M.R.S. degree! You are kickin but Mrs. G.! Work it out lady. I'm very proud of you and happy FOR you.