Friday, April 25, 2008

Long Time No See!!!

I know it's been a minute. . .and my faithful "few" readers probably have stopped checking. . .but just charge it to my head and not my heart. I still check everyone else's blogs all the time. . .but just haven't sat down to update my own. I haven't even been writing in my journal. . . so I'm tryna get things back together. . .

So let's see what's been going on! 1st off I have been sooooooo tired. . .my job has/had put such a stress/strain on me that I was feeling like I was in that hospital 24 hours a day, and all 7 days a week. This week was especially crazy b/c it was a full moon. . .and for those in health care who've never paid attention, do so next time. People lose it with a full moon. . . It's bananas! But alas. . . thanks to my God who answers prayers. . . today I got a brand new job offer! Yes sirree I applied for a transfer within the system to the rehabilitation center (right next door to the hospital) and got the offer today. It's amazing b/c it was just last week that I visited, and went for a casual/impromptu. . .that turned out to be an interview chat with the pharmacy director and got the call from the corporate recruiter today. AWESOME. What this means to me. . . NO NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS LIKE BEFORE. Well technically. . . specifically I will be back to my 10 hours days (ie 4 days per week) with every 7th weekend I'll be on call for some dosing. Which requires about 2-3 hours out of your day on that weekend! I am HYPED yall! I mean don't get me wrong, I loved inpatient, excelled at it, gained a lot of knowledge in IV drugs and Critical Care (ie. . .ICU/Trauma/Surgery etc) but the schedule was killing my poor body. Not to mention that I have a man who is a minister who wants me with him --- particularly on Sundays. So it was literally starting to feel like I worked 6 days per week b/c my Sundays have been no longer mine. No more going to the early service, out to eat, then back home by 1, then taking a 2-3 hours nap, then eating dinner about 6/7, with my hot bath/relax time that night. . . Naw Dawg!!! GONE!!!! And we're not even married yet (. . . yep I said yet ;). . . so I ain't there for everything. JESUS. . . I just have to remember that your grace is sufficient. At least this professional change will help. I was quite shocked at how understanding my director/manager were. I say honesty is the best policy, so I was up front with them from the very beginning. . .and as a result. . .they helped me find/support what's best for Vicki! So I'm excited.

My love life is great. . .we're settling in to our routines. He's still blowing my mind. It's so crazy how even the smallest things make me grin so hard. One day, we went to the park to walk the dog, saw some swings and decided to try them out, then went for ice cream. . . I was like Man this is a freakin' movie! I'm staring in my very own love story!

So it will be a month with me being in Charlotte on May 7th. Can you believe it? I mean time flew. But all in all the QC has been what it's cracked/hyped up to be. . .at least for me anyway. I feel blessed to have been led and heard God's direction for my life. I'm truly ecstatic about the future. Not sure of all it has to offer me, but hey I'm open!

4 comments:

Jenn Will said...

YAY! So good to have you back :) You were missed.

Congrats on the new job! It is so true that He answers prayers. That is awesome. Now you have a schedule that allows you more of a "regular" life I'm sure that will be great.

And I am ecstatic to hear that the love story is continuing...that's so wonderful.
But May 7th-it only makes a month of you being in the QC?? No that can't be right...b/c you were there before the cruise, and you and he had just started up, sorta, around cruise time. I think its been a year in QC right, and how long with him 6 months...or so...did I mention thats so beautiful.

jendayi said...

You're grinning!!? Shooo. Everytime I read your blog, I come away grinning! Your life seems so fabulous my dear! I love reading your blog. I'm so happy for you. It's great to hear good things.

jendayi said...

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!

jendayi said...

you posted on my blog like 2 seconds ago... and i was SURE you posted something new!!! Booooooooo.