Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What a Day!!!


So I met the fam yall!!!! Yeah it was a Christmas party where a good sizable portion of the fam was there. Including Mr. Dad! Whew talk about nervous. It was a semi formal event . . .and while I have been know to do my thang with that. . .I was still quite nervous to say the least. So for about 2 weeks prior to the event, I emailed a pic of the dress to my friends in STL to get their opinion. . . was this a cute dress, would I look plain or too much like a little girl, will my "girls" be showing too much. The consensus was to go with the less revealing dress for this meeting. So that worked. . .then I had to find new shoes . . . why new shoes. . . well the styles have changed since I wore the dress last and I needed something to make me feel fierce. So I went to Belk on a random Sunday afternoon and found a killer pair of peep toe pumps for only $29 (on clearance of course). . . I was SUPER CRUNK. My next task was my hair. I mean I can't rock the weaves (unless I can get my hair from the same place that Beyonce gets hers --- shout out to Jenn). . .And I had just tried a new stylist. But I made the appointment anyway and girlfriend hooked me up. I walked out of there like dang! Got my eyebrows waxed (for the 1st time, I used to let my hair stylist do them and she used a razor), got my nails did, my pedi. . . so I dressed up and was FIERCE honey!!!!
He was so impressed, so pleased, so shocked. . .to say the least. I mean we got a lot of compliments and I will have to say that we did look great. . . together even better!
The fam was great. Really down to earth (country) people. And things went well. . . much better than that actually. So we've made it past this killer step. His fam.
Next up. . .my fam. I mean the most "critical" person is my cousin Kim and he's won her over and she hasn't even met him yet. . . so we'll see!
BTW. . . I am down 5lbs. . .to my 10 lbs goal by 1/13/08. . . Smooches!

3 comments:

Jenn Will said...

Ok can I just say that this post REALLY made me smile. I think it even made my day!!!!!
That is so great that you felt so fabulous (you are always fierce and fabulous btw) for the meet and greet with his family. I'm sure you were the belle of the ball...but um-er-a can the cali girl see some pics of this wonderous event? I know you took some photos! And you are down 5lbs...do it Ms. V! So proud and happy for you!

Eb the Celeb said...

Jus checking out some new blogs to spread a little holiday cheer... Happy Holidays!

ebfareast said...

ummm...can i get a photo? I KNOW you took some as FIERCE as you were...whats up? Merry Christmas!!